TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "Glorify the Nurturing God"

TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "Glorify the Nurturing God"


May 04, 2023. Thursday of the Fourth Week of Easter



Gospel

Jn 13:16-20

When Jesus had washed the disciples' feet, he said to them:
"Amen, amen, I say to you, no slave is greater than his master
nor any messenger greater than the one who sent him.
If you understand this, blessed are you if you do it.
I am not speaking of all of you.
I know those whom I have chosen.
But so that the Scripture might be fulfilled,
The one who ate my food has raised his heel against me.
From now on I am telling you before it happens,
so that when it happens you may believe that I AM.
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send
receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me."

Reflection

Let us glorify our nurturing God. Blessed Thursday of the Fourth Week of Easter. We are reminded today about the greatest of God. Although Our Lord Jesus Christ is not with us physically, Gos has been constantly sending us His shepherds to let us not astray. Therefore, we are called to reflect on the words of God. Through this habit of reflecting on the words of God, we are led to understand who is serving God with a genuine heart. Let us be reminded that in order for us to do this, we must let go of any sign of bitterness in our hearts. A bitter heart might block us from receiving the help we need from the right people. A bitter heart might give us the urge to rush judgment before even examining the intention of the person trying to approach us. A bitter heart can lead us to people the wrong people by attaching ourselves to the temporary pleasure they could make us experience. It is important for us to learn how to listen well to the voice of God which could help us learn how to test the spirit of other people. This is a good instrument to avoid us from being misled even by false prophets of modern times. Let us be reminded that the words of Christ are our compass toward the good shepherds that God has sent us.

May the right people come into our lives. We would know if the person is sent by God if they only cause peace, compassion, and love in our life. Let us avoid anything that causes us anxiety and confusion. But with constantly going back to Christ to lead us with clarity. May God reveal the true intentions of others for our salvation.

In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen+

Reflections by: T.K.R.S

Go to USCCB website for the full readings.

Comments