REFLECTIONS OF POPE FRANCIS: "Spirit of Truth"


REFLECTIONS OF POPE FRANCIS:

"Spirit of Truth"

May 17, 2023. Wednesday of the Sixth Week of Easter.

GOSPEL OF THE DAY

From the Gospel according to John
Jn 16,12-15

Jesus said to his disciples:
"I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth,
he will guide you to all truth.
He will not speak on his own,
but he will speak what he hears,
and will declare to you the things that are coming.
He will glorify me,
because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.
Everything that the Father has is mine;
for this reason I told you that he will take from what is mine
and declare it to you."

WORDS OF THE HOLY FATHER

Then, as Jesus promised, the Holy Spirit guides us “into all the truth” (Jn 16:13); not only does He guide us to the encounter with Jesus, the fullness of the Truth, but He also guides us “into” the Truth, that is, He makes us enter into an ever deeper communion with Jesus, giving us knowledge of all the things of God. And we cannot achieve this by our own efforts. Unless God enlightens us from within, our Christian existence will be superficial. The Church’s Tradition asserts that the Spirit of truth acts in our heart, inspiring that “sense of the faith” (sensus fidei) […] Let us try asking ourselves: am I open to the action of the Holy Spirit? Do I pray him to give me illumination, to make me more sensitive to God’s things? This is a prayer we must pray every day: “Holy Spirit, make my heart open to the word of God, make my heart open to goodness, make my heart open to the beauty of God every day”. I would like to ask everyone a question: how many of you pray every day to the Holy Spirit? There will not be many but we must fulfil Jesus’ wish and pray every day to the Holy Spirit that he open our heart to Jesus. (General Audience, 15 May 2013)
 

www.vaticannews.va/en/word-of-the-day.html

Comments

Popular Posts