TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "When God Prays"

TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "When God Prays"

May 24, 2023. Wednesday of the Seventh Week of Easter




Gospel

Jn 17:11b-19
Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed, saying:
“Holy Father, keep them in your name
that you have given me,
so that they may be one just as we are one.
When I was with them I protected them in your name that you gave me,
and I guarded them, and none of them was lost
except the son of destruction,
in order that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
But now I am coming to you.
I speak this in the world
so that they may share my joy completely.
I gave them your word, and the world hated them,
because they do not belong to the world
any more than I belong to the world.
I do not ask that you take them out of the world
but that you keep them from the Evil One.
They do not belong to the world
any more than I belong to the world.
Consecrate them in the truth.
Your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world,
so I sent them into the world.
And I consecrate myself for them,
so that they also may be consecrated in truth.”

Reflection
Let's abide by the Lord who prays for us. Blessed Wednesday of the Seventh Week of Easter. There are many dangers in this world. Our day can get consumed by lots of things. By simply thinking of the bad events that could happen to us can make us anxious enough. We have the choice to dwell or not to dwell in worry. Because we must remember that negative thinking can cause unhappiness in our bodies and even in our souls. We can only fight anxiety if we revive our hope in God. Today's Gospel is the answer to anxiousness. Because, even before we get worried, Christ has already prayed for us to God the Father. Our Lord Jesus Christ Himself told God the Father that we who will be left behind in this world need protection. Even before we worry, God has already prayed for us. Jesus prayed for the special protection of those who are faithful to His mission. Therefore, we can be sure that as long as we walk the same path that Jesus walked on, we will not perish from lack of protection. Let us remember the path that Christ took. Christ chose to walk to places wherein it's hard to find love yet He brought love into these barren places.

May we go on the trail of difficult roads and bear the mark of God's love. In the Name of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen+

Reflections by: T.K.R.S

Go to USCCB website for the full readings.

https://bible.usccb.org/bible/readings/052423.cfm 

Comments

Popular Posts