TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "Returning to God's Genuine Love"

TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "Returning to God's Genuine Love"


May 08, 2023. Fourth Sunday of Easter



Gospel
Jn 14:21-26

Jesus said to his disciples:
""Whoever has my commandments and observes them
is the one who loves me.
Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father,
and I will love him and reveal myself to him.""
Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him,
""Master, then what happened that you will reveal yourself to us
and not to the world?""
Jesus answered and said to him,
""Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him,
and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.
Whoever does not love me does not keep my words;
yet the word you hear is not mine
but that of the Father who sent me.
""I have told you this while I am with you.
The Advocate, the Holy Spirit
whom the Father will send in my name--
he will teach you everything
and remind you of all that I told you.""

Reflection
Let us keep on returning to God who provides us with genuine love. Blessed Monday of the Fifth Week of Easter. Why do we endure suffering in life? Some of us endure the secular job we have even though we have other dreams we would like to do. We work hard on things we don't find enjoyable because we do it for the ones we love. Something boring or unenjoyable becomes meaningful if it is done in the name of love. Like those who try to pray daily, those who go to church without anything to offer but themselves, and those who serve others without public validation. Surely, we have fare share of struggles. But, hardship can be easily overcome by the power of love. When we do things with great and flaming compassion, suffering becomes a participative element of love. So whenever we find praying daily a difficult task to do, take it as an opportunity to give more meaning by meditating on the unfathomable love of Christ. Love truly hurts but it becomes easier to the heart who knows how to strive in meditating the value of God's sacrifice. Through this, we are able to share love with others even though it is not always easy to love especially our enemies.

May we see the meaning of our sacrifice in prayer, attending church, and receiving regularly the Sacraments such as the Sacrament of Confession.

In the Name of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen

Reflections by: T.K.R.S

Go to USCCB website for the full readings. 

Comments

Popular Posts