TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "The Promise of God:

TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "The Promise of God:


May 12, 2023. Friday of the Fifth Week of Easter




Gospel

Jn 15:12-17
Jesus said to his disciples:
"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.
No one has greater love than this,
to lay down one's life for one's friends.
You are my friends if you do what I command you.
I no longer call you slaves,
because a slave does not know what his master is doing.
I have called you friends,
because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.
It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you
and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,
so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command you: love one another."

Reflection
Let us kindle the fire of our trust in God. Blessed Friday of the Fifth Week of Easter. Everyone receives God's blessings in different forms. Despite our sinfulness God still allows us to receive the fruits of our works and the good things in this life. However, today's reading has an important reminder for us. We are called not to be complacent nor contented with the temporary things that we are receiving in life. God made a promise that those who know how to follow His commandments are meant to receive special blessings in this earthly life. Therefore, let us not be satisfied by doing things according to our own strength. Let us show our openness to God by following His commandments and as Catholics, by constantly receiving the sacraments and striving for a solid prayer life. Maybe it's time we write down and discern our set of prayers which could help in disciplining our flesh. By finding ways to get closer to God, we get bits and pieces of revelations about our mission and how God works. So the next time some things happened around us it becomes easier to know if it's coming from God or not.

May we let go of our interest in holding on to the fleeting pleasures of the world. Obedience to the Lord is an opportunity for us to be holy even on earth. In the Name of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen+

Reflections by: T.K.R.S

Go to USCCB website for the full readings.

Comments

Popular Posts