TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "God's Truth Comes With Compassion"

 TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "God's Truth Comes With Compassion"


May 20, 2023. Saturday of the Sixth Week of Easter




Gospel

Jn 16:23b-28
Jesus said to his disciples:

"Amen, amen, I say to you,
whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.
Until now you have not asked anything in my name;
ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.

"I have told you this in figures of speech.
The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures
but I will tell you clearly about the Father.
On that day you will ask in my name,
and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you.
For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me
and have come to believe that I came from God.
I came from the Father and have come into the world.
Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."
Reflection
Let the truth be shared with love. Blessed Saturday of the Sixth Week of Easter. When we make mistakes and receive punishment, our hearts became wounded. Perhaps we may start asking why we have to experience maltreatment from others. When we experience words that are sharpened, the bad experience itself ingrains bad thoughts in our minds. But when we encounter someone who gives correction with great patience and love, we will certainly not forget that person who gave us the correction. Surely even the words of this person will instill in our hearts and will be memorized. From this example, we know that anyone can give corrections to others. Truly, it is easy to use intelligence for correction but it can only reach its effectiveness if done with compassion. Let us be reminded that we should never use truth as a weapon. For example, when we say, 'I will pray for you' or 'May God have mercy on you', we should say it out of love and not out of bitterness in our hearts. Let's just use these words whenever we feel like doing or saying these things. By doing this we become blameless and not accountable to the choices of others. Because if our words are moved with bitterness, those who needed correction will sense more threat which will hinder them from listening. Make sure to exalt only God in everything we say. We are called to speak with love and share the truth with compassion. We are God's children and those who are lost need to be guided back with flaming compassion.

May we try to be more gentle in sharing the truth. By speaking the truth in a calm manner we do not fail God from trusting us. Let us give them the opportunity to soften their hearts by being the first ones to show our softened hearts.

In the Name of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen+

Reflections by: T.K.R.S

Go to USCCB website for the full readings.

Comments

Popular Posts