TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "God Lights Our Path"

TODAY'S GOSPEL REFLECTION: "God Lights Our Path"


May 25, 2023. Thursday of the Seventh Week of Easter




Gospel

Jn 17:20-26
Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying:
"I pray not only for these,
but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
so that they may all be one,
as you, Father, are in me and I in you,
that they also may be in us,
that the world may believe that you sent me.
And I have given them the glory you gave me,
so that they may be one, as we are one,
I in them and you in me,
that they may be brought to perfection as one,
that the world may know that you sent me,
and that you loved them even as you loved me.
Father, they are your gift to me.
I wish that where I am they also may be with me,
that they may see my glory that you gave me,
because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Righteous Father, the world also does not know you,
but I know you, and they know that you sent me.
I made known to them your name and I will make it known,
that the love with which you loved me
may be in them and I in them."

Reflection
Let the light of Christ lead us. Blessed Thursday of the Seventh Week of Easter. Perhaps we find ourselves in a situation that is difficult to change. Maybe, life would be wonderful if we do not face trials in life. We know that this is not true. Trials happen because we live in this imperfect world. Surely, we have desires and dreams in life. The apostles are the same, they have temporal ambitions here on earth before they met Christ. The apostles have earthly desires because they haven't heard of their mission from God yet. But when the light of Christ came into their lives, they unlocked a whole new wisdom. The apostles understood that the best kind of life is to live in spite of the trials while carrying the inheritance of eternal life that our Lord Jesus Christ revealed to them. Apostle Saint Paul himself experienced judgment, but God saved him in the middle of his trial and the Lord even told him to, "Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome." Christ's prayer to God the Father is the same for us. Jesus wants us to remain protected so that we can be effective witnesses and workers for God's mission of Salvation.
May we use God's protection for the good of our mission. Let's devote more time to our mission. Let's not stay distracted by conflicts happening around us, in this way, we will appreciate more Christ's prayer for us. In the Name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen+

Reflections by: T.K.R.S

Go to USCCB website for the full readings.

Comments

Popular Posts