GOSPEL REFLECTIONS OF POPE FRANCIS

 GOSPEL REFLECTIONS OF POPE FRANCIS 


"Holy Spirit, The Paraclete"


May 16, 2023. Tuesday of the Sixth Week of Easter.


GOSPEL OF THE DAY


From the Gospel according to John

Jn 16,5-11


Jesus said to his disciples:

"Now I am going to the one who sent me,

and not one of you asks me, 'Where are you going?'

But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts.

But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go.

For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you.

But if I go, I will send him to you.

And when he comes he will convict the world

in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation:

sin, because they do not believe in me;

righteousness, because I am going to the Father

and you will no longer see me;

condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned."


WORDS OF THE HOLY FATHER


Paraclete: the word “paraclete” means “the one who is beside me to sustain me” so that I do not fall, so that I go forward, so that I retain this youthfulness of the Spirit. The Christian is always young: always. And when the Christian's heart begins to grow old, his vocation as a Christian begins to diminish. Either you are young at heart, young at soul, or you are not fully Christian. [...] This is youth. A youthfulness that makes you always look forward to hope: this, going forward! But to have this youthfulness requires a daily dialogue with the Holy Spirit, Who is always beside us. This is the great gift that Jesus left us: this support, which keeps you going forward. [...] Let us ask the Lord not to lose this renewed youthfulness, not to be “retired” Christians who have lost their joy and do not let themselves be carried forward ... The Christian never retires; the Christian lives, lives because he is young—when he is a true Christian. (Santa Marta, 28 May 2019)


Source: https://www.vaticannews.va/en/word-of-the-day.html


Comments

Popular Posts